It is not good to use someone else’s Wi-Fi network without their permission. Ensure that you have taken permission from the Wi-Fi network owner before you use their network. If you want to know how you can connect to a Wi-Fi network without password, then follow the instructions mentioned below. You can use WPS, Router Guest mode, and QR code to complete this procedure.
Steps to Connect to Wi-Fi without Password Through WPS
• Open the Settings tab.
• It is located on the Home Screen.
• Go to the network.
• Click on the internet settings column.
• Click on the Wi-Fi option.
• Click on the Wi-Fi settings option.
• Otherwise, click on the menu list.
• Click on the Advanced option
• Click on the “Connect by WPS Button” option.
• Now, you will get the option where you have to click on the WPS option on your WiFi router.
• Wait for 30 seconds.
• For this procedure, you need to turn on the WPS handshake protocol.
• You have to follow these steps again.
• Click on the WPS option, which is named as “WPS.”
• Now, the smartphone automatically gets connected to the Wi-Fi network.
• You need to go through this step again till you ask your smartphone to disconnect from the Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Connect to Wi-Fi without Password Through Router Guest Mode
• Go to the system internet browser.
• Start pasting the router IP address into the location bar.
• For example, the IP address is the same as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
• You will get the IP address on the Wi-Fi router.
• Start using the username and password to sign into the Wi-Fi router.
• After signing in, you need to find the “Guest Network” option.
• You will get it in the Wireless Settings column.
• Search and turn on the “Guest Network” option.
• After that, provide the guest network name.
• Enter the password.
• Press on the Save option to verify the settings tab.
• Start creating the Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Connect to Wi-Fi without Password Through OR Code
• Open the internet browser on any other system.
• Click on the QR code generator.
• Now, you will get the data type menu.
• It is located on the left-hand corner of the display.
• Press on the radio option.
• It is near to the Wi-Fi Login option.
• Then, type the name of the network.
• Type the password.
• Choose the network type by going to the pull-down list.
• After getting the QR code, start printing it on an empty area of the sheet.
• Open the QR code scanning application on the smartphone.
• In case you do not have this type of application, download and install any app by going to the Google Play Store.
• Start scanning the code with the smartphone.
• It will automatically get paired to the Wi-Fi network.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.