Compatibility Telemetry service is the window that you can locate in the procedure of CompatTelRunner.exe. It depends on gathering a range of technical data on the computer and the performance.
CompatTelRunner.exe serves as the midway that assists the tech giant in using collected information to improve OS along with the experience of users. If you want to disable the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry, then you are on the right post. Follow the instructions and read through blogs to disable it easily.
Disable CompatTelRunner.exe with Task Scheduler
If you want to Disable CompatTelRunner.exe with Task Scheduler, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Go to the Search box and input Task scheduler.
- Open the Task Scheduler.
- Select Library.
- Then click Microsoft.
- Click Windows.
- Click Application Experience.
- The user can notice scheduled tasks, for example, Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser, Program Data updater, and Startup App Task in the middle panel.
- Right-click on Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser and then choose Disable.
- Verify the complete procedure.
- The user can also disable other responsibilities placed in this folder.
How to disable the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry with Command Prompt
If you wish to disable the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry with Command Prompt, then pursue the given instructions:
- Input cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command prompt and then select Run as administrator from the search result.
- Copy and paste commands, then click Enter.
How to remove CompatTelRunner.exe via administrator rights
If you want to remove CompatTelRunner.exe via administrator rights, then abide by the given steps:
- Log in to the windows account.
- Click Win+E and go to C:\\Windows\\System32
- Scroll and find CompatTelRunner
- Right-click and select properties.
- Open the security tab and select Advanced.
- Go to advanced security settings and tap Change.
- In the selected user or Group, the user can notice the Input object name to choose an option.
- Input Administrators and select check names.
- Tap OK and then close down properties.
- Open the CompatTelRunner again, then go to Properties
- Select Security.
- Click Advanced.
- Select Administrators below the permission entries and tap on Edit.
- Choose Full control and then select Apply.
- Return to CompatTelRunner.exe and delete it and from the recycle bin too.
Verify the Windows operating system for malware
The malware can be disguised within files and applications, but CompatTelRunner.exe can locate them. So the user must always ensure that the system is virus-free, and you should always scan it with the right anti-malware and remove all the harmful entries.
Check Windows for corrupted files
In case you need to check Windows for corrupted files, then you need to follow the offered steps:
- Input cmd in the search box.
- Go to the command prompt.
- Input the command and click Enter.
- Update the Windows OS
- Right-click on start option.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Update and Security.
- Tap on Check for Updates.
- Wait until Windows downloads and install new updates.
- Reboot the system.
Execute the Disk Cleanup
If you want to execute the disk Cleanup, then abide by the given instructions:
- Input Disk cleanup in the Search box.
- Select the files that the user needs to remove.
- Tap Clean system files.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.