Are you worried because your MacBook started working slow? Are you seeing the spinning pinwheel of death daily? Don’t give up. You require to go through this blog carefully for solving this issue.
The method of solving a software problem
- If you note an app has crashed, then you need to right-click on its symbol in the Dock.
- Press the Option key on the keyboard, and then select Force Quit. Alternatively, press the combination of Command+Option+Esc for forcing close the present application.
- Unfortunately, if you are not confirmed that the application that has crashed, start Activity Monitor. Press the ‘CPU’ tab and display the ‘% CPU’ column in descending pattern.
- Next, if you get one, press on it.
- After that, press the ‘X’ for closing it.
The method of making Disk Space
You should always have 15 percent of your startup disk free every time. It is generally for the laptops having small drives.
- For knowing the amount of free storage available on your device, press the symbol of Apple. It shall be towards the upper left-hand side corner.
- Next, tap on About This Mac.
- Then, press the ‘Storage’ tab for viewing the breakdown of your present disk usage.
- Lastly, you need to free up area on your Mac device.
The method of solving Hardware problems
Follow the given below steps carefully for running the diagnostic tool by yourself.
- Firstly, shut down the Mac device.
- Then, tap on your power switch for turning on the device.
- After that, you need to do a long press on the D button of your keyboard.
- As soon as there is an on-screen instruction for choosing the language, lift your fingers from the D button of your keyboard.
- Next, choose a language, and then wait till the diagnostic tool is running.
The method of checking the storage of device SSD
- Firstly, press the symbol of Apple. It shall be towards the upper right-hand side corner.
- After that, select About This Mac.
- Then, press on the System Report.
- Next, tap on Storage.
- After that, choose your main drive.
- Then, move downwards to ‘S.M.A.R.T. Status.’ And view the text that has been written immediately after it. ‘Verified’ implies that the drive is functioning correctly. Whereas if it states ‘Failing,’ it means that it can be the reason behind the issue. The drive shall become ‘Fatal’, and you shall need to replace it or else the Mac device.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.